Monday 26 September 2011

Greyhound Gap show

Well we made it, instead of our usual wonderful beach walk for Sunday we were dragged many miles away in the tin wheely thing to a park full of pointy dogs.  I am very very good with pointy dogs, Jaja taught me to give them all the utmost respect which I do.   Many black Labradors are very naughty with the pointies and most of them dont like us, but I was very good and they seemed to like me ok, just one showed me his teefs so I backed up and play bounced at him and he stopped.

The humans were not so impressed for the first few hours as they got very wet, here is my Auntie Liz from Labrador Rescue South East & Central she gave me lots of new squeaky toys to take home, and Auntie Sue fed us lots of yummy treats - but she refused to have her pic taken.

Jaja and Tess dont really like shows, they sulk for most of the day, but Jaja remembered when the hooomans took their cakes and things back to the car, whenever we come to this show we get to go round the back to the park area for a play to cheer them up, this was the best bit of the day and we all enjoyed it.




Auntie Chris won us the toy on the tombola, so we really enjoyed playing with that, thank you Auntie Chris.  Chris is an old friend the hoomans, lives a long way away so they like to meet up half way at this show, they chat on the PC for the rest of the time.  Here she is getting rather wet when we arrived, not as wet as Moms and Dads did though as they didnt take wet things, ha ha.


Auntie Chris has two pointy dogs, Millie and Bess - Millie has a poorly leg so she couldnt play with me, and Bess is about as impressed as Jaja at these things so she wouldnt play either, suppose we should show them off too though.  Millie is the Greyhound and Bess the little Lurcher



I think that will be the last show for this year, weather usually gets too poor for us all, though I hear we are due for some more nasty heat this week, I dont like heat and have to go out very early for my walkies when its hot, then I am bored to bits all day - but at least I still have my squeaky toys to play with for now, though I think Tess and Jaja are getting a bit cross with all the squeaking, serves them right they should play with me more.

Alfie xx

PS forgot to say, we did enter some of the classes at the dog show, Jaja couldnt even manage to win anything in a ring of other pointies, but I got a 5th in best black dog and I was the only one with a proper face!

No comments:

Post a Comment