Tuesday 30 August 2011

Town and Country Fair ~ now finished


Hello everyone,
Here I am with my Auntie Sylvia, my Daddy and Jaja.  Dont look at the mess they made of the stall here, this is day one it had just finished totally pouring with rain so everything was still dumped inside, they made a better job of it after Mum took this photo.  Sadly due to the weather the show was very quiet on this day, but as you see with my place at the front I did manage to draw a few in and get lots of fusses.  Jaja (and Tess) stay behind the table as they are not as happy with lots of people as me.

I even did my bit for the agility team, here I am starting off with my Daddy - arent I a good boy?

and next my favourite running around those jumps, its easy..



That was just the first day, and I was just sooooooooooo tired after that..


Day 2 the weather was better, well at least it was dry though still very windy.  My Mummy and Auntie Sylvia had the day off, but Auntie Heather and her dog Woody came to help out.  Woody was great fun and Auntie Heather had lots of yummy treats so she is a new best friend too.  Here is me and Woody loving Auntie Heather so much.


The weather sure did take a turn for the worst that night, Mummy and Auntie Sylvia were on the phone very late at night with plans of how to improve things for the next day as they were not making enough money for the needy dogs.  When we arrived on Monday the weather was awful and lots of the other traders had gone home (mind you they had no gazebo's left as they had all blown away) so we all had to work very very hard to raise the money and pull in all the people there.
We got home about 7.30pm last night totted up all the money and had manage to raise £465 over the three days, which was quite impressive to say the weather was poor and not so many people around to spend their hard earned pennies.
Now me and Daddy were 'really' tired whilst waiting for our tea - dont know what Mum does all day not to have our tea ready a bit quicker than she does?  here we are all tired out.



.. and they are trying to keep this a secret but just look at what Daddy ate after tea and didnt share any of it with us!



Thankfully thats it now for outdoor fundraising for this year.  We are hoping to go see some of our pals at the Greyhound Gap show later in September, but we are just visitng and enjoying that one.  My next blog entry will be going back to my story and introducing you to Bailey who we walk with each day, and then my very best friend in the world Zac who owns Auntie Sylvia.

Alfie xx

Edit by Alfie's Mum, Alfie forgot to say thank you to Sam's High Flyers agility team who raised funds for other dog charities and Woof Beginnings, donating £33 toward our total.  Thank you very much to Sam and the team.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Alfie you looked very impressive in your agility display! What a great amount to raise - we're sure you pups fluttering your eyelashes at the passers by must have helped a lot! Dex and Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dex and Lou, of course Alfie was a huge hit and so well behaved we thought the Aliens had been and replaced him with a good dog for the weekend.

    Lynda x
    (Alfie's Mum)

    ReplyDelete